Discredited Hampstead ‘Satanic paedophile’ activist faces trial over perverting the course of justice allegation
- Credit: Archant
A campaigner who made discredited claims of a Satanic child sex abuse ring in Hampstead will stand trial over allegations of perverting the course of justice.
Neelu Berry today denied one offence at Blackfriars Crown Court.
The 56-year-old has made claims about a “paedophile” cult she claimed operated from Christ Church.
The allegations were originally made by two young children, now in foster care, in a campaign derided as “evil” and “baseless” by a High Court Judge earlier this year.
Ella Draper, mother to the two children, and her partner Abraham Christie, tortured the pair into making the false allegations – which resulted in innocent people being named in online videos seen by millions.
You may also want to watch:
Berry will stand trial on July 11.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Letter on shopping for one!
- 10 84 West Heath Road planning decision deferred again by Barnet Council