Discredited Hampstead ‘Satanic paedophile’ activist faces trial over perverting the course of justice allegation
- Credit: Archant
A campaigner who made discredited claims of a Satanic child sex abuse ring in Hampstead will stand trial over allegations of perverting the course of justice.
Neelu Berry today denied one offence at Blackfriars Crown Court.
The 56-year-old has made claims about a “paedophile” cult she claimed operated from Christ Church.
The allegations were originally made by two young children, now in foster care, in a campaign derided as “evil” and “baseless” by a High Court Judge earlier this year.
Ella Draper, mother to the two children, and her partner Abraham Christie, tortured the pair into making the false allegations – which resulted in innocent people being named in online videos seen by millions.
You may also want to watch:
Berry will stand trial on July 11.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 3 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 4 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 10 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab