Discredited Hampstead ‘Satanic paedophile’ activist faces trial over perverting the course of justice allegation
- Credit: Archant
A campaigner who made discredited claims of a Satanic child sex abuse ring in Hampstead will stand trial over allegations of perverting the course of justice.
Neelu Berry today denied one offence at Blackfriars Crown Court.
The 56-year-old has made claims about a “paedophile” cult she claimed operated from Christ Church.
The allegations were originally made by two young children, now in foster care, in a campaign derided as “evil” and “baseless” by a High Court Judge earlier this year.
Ella Draper, mother to the two children, and her partner Abraham Christie, tortured the pair into making the false allegations – which resulted in innocent people being named in online videos seen by millions.
You may also want to watch:
Berry will stand trial on July 11.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 7 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill