Did Milly Dowler’s killer Levi Bellfield murder Hampstead mother?
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Convicted serial killer Levi Bellfield has been linked to the killing of Hampstead mother-of-three Judith Gold, 51, found battered to death in a Hampstead mews in 1990.
This comes after Surrey Police revealed on Wednesday that Bellfield, 47, had made a shock confession to the rape and murder of schoolgirl Milly from jail.
Murder detectives have revealed they are examining a series of admissions by him to “a number” of other crimes in the capital and across the UK.
The Met confirmed that they have been passed information relating to unsolved London murders.
Detectives have never solved the murder of Judith Gold, whose body found yards from her home in Old Brewery Mews, off Hampstead High Street on October 20, 1990
You may also want to watch:
As reported in the Ham&High at the time, financial adviser Mrs Gold’s body was found by a newspaper boy.
Mrs Gold, who also went under the name Silver, worked for financial firm Insurance Experts, of Child’s Hill, She had dressed for a business meeting and left home at dawn on a journey which ended minutes later in murder.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 3 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 4 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 8 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book
Detectives leading the murder inquiry at the time said she had received several blows on the left side of the face from an unidentified weapon. There was no sign of sexual assault and the motive did not appear to be robbery. Her belongings, including a bag with her money, were untouched by her side.
Former bouncer Bellfield, who converted to Islam five years ago and now calls himself Yusuf Rahim, was convicted of murdering Milly, 13, in 2011.
He was already serving a life sentence after being convicted in 2008 for the murder of two other women Marsha McDonnell and Amelie Delagrange.
Detectives had reopened Mrs Gold’s murder file following this conviction
They said then he may have been responsible for around 20 other unsolved attacks on women.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said today: “The MPS is liaising with a number of other UK police forces in relation to information which has been passed onto us regarding a number of criminal investigations.
“That information remains subject to assessment and for that reason we will not be discussing the matter in further detail at this time. We are not prepared to discuss at this time the number of investigations or details of any case.”