Diamond-studded Rolex ripped from the wrist of tourist in West Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
A diamond-studded Rolex worth £15,000 was ripped from the wrist of a tourist in a robbery in West Hampstead.
The gold watch was snatched by a bicycle-riding thief who struck on Friday, July 26 at about 6.30pm as his victim walked with friends in Grangeway.
He cycled up to the 40-year-old woman with two accomplices, who were also on bikes, and grabbed her arm before taking the watch and leaving her with a sore wrist.
One of the other suspects attempted to steal a second timepiece belonging to a 38-year-old woman who was with the first victim.
A second friend hurled an iced drink at the robbers before they escaped into Messina Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
Police this week issued an appeal for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.
All three suspects were thin black men who were aged about 18 to 20 and wore hooded tops.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 8 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
Det Con Carol Cordner said: “It was early evening at the time of the offence and there were several people at the location who may have witnessed this robbery who may be able to assist police with our enquiries.
“If you know anything at all, I urge you to call us.”
Anyone with information can call police on 101 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.