Detectives launch appeal to trace terror suspect
Detectives are appealing for help in tracing a missing terror suspect last seen in Camden on Boxing Day.
Counter terrorism officers were alerted to Ibrahim Magag’s disappearance when he failed to meet his overnight residence condition – part of a terror control order.
The 28-year-old was last seen hailing a black cab near Osnaburgh Street and Triton Street in the Euston area on Boxing Day at around 5.20pm.
Met Police officers last night (Wednesday) quizzed London taxi drivers at King’s Cross and Euston railway stations in a bid to identify the driver of the black cab.
He was wearing a khaki robe, a black Berghaus windcheater and navy Converse trainers. The missing terror suspect is described as 6ft 2ins tall, of slim to medium build, with a beard, although police believe it is possible he may try to change his appearance.
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said: “Ibrahim Magag is not considered at this time to represent a direct threat to the British public.”
Anyone who sees Mr Magag or knows of his whereabouts should not approach him, but call 999 immediately.
- 1 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 4 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 5 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 6 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 7 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
- 8 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
- 9 Two-year waitlist for mental health patients at Tavistock Centre
- 10 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
If anyone has other information which they think could be relevant to police efforts they should contact the confidential Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321.