Detectives launch appeal to trace terror suspect
Detectives are appealing for help in tracing a missing terror suspect last seen in Camden on Boxing Day.
Counter terrorism officers were alerted to Ibrahim Magag’s disappearance when he failed to meet his overnight residence condition – part of a terror control order.
The 28-year-old was last seen hailing a black cab near Osnaburgh Street and Triton Street in the Euston area on Boxing Day at around 5.20pm.
Met Police officers last night (Wednesday) quizzed London taxi drivers at King’s Cross and Euston railway stations in a bid to identify the driver of the black cab.
He was wearing a khaki robe, a black Berghaus windcheater and navy Converse trainers. The missing terror suspect is described as 6ft 2ins tall, of slim to medium build, with a beard, although police believe it is possible he may try to change his appearance.
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said: “Ibrahim Magag is not considered at this time to represent a direct threat to the British public.”
Anyone who sees Mr Magag or knows of his whereabouts should not approach him, but call 999 immediately.
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 5 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 6 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 7 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 8 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
- 9 PLU: St John's Wood restaurant finds the right formula
- 10 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes
If anyone has other information which they think could be relevant to police efforts they should contact the confidential Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321.