Detectives launch appeal to trace terror suspect
Detectives are appealing for help in tracing a missing terror suspect last seen in Camden on Boxing Day.
Counter terrorism officers were alerted to Ibrahim Magag’s disappearance when he failed to meet his overnight residence condition – part of a terror control order.
The 28-year-old was last seen hailing a black cab near Osnaburgh Street and Triton Street in the Euston area on Boxing Day at around 5.20pm.
Met Police officers last night (Wednesday) quizzed London taxi drivers at King’s Cross and Euston railway stations in a bid to identify the driver of the black cab.
He was wearing a khaki robe, a black Berghaus windcheater and navy Converse trainers. The missing terror suspect is described as 6ft 2ins tall, of slim to medium build, with a beard, although police believe it is possible he may try to change his appearance.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said: “Ibrahim Magag is not considered at this time to represent a direct threat to the British public.”
Anyone who sees Mr Magag or knows of his whereabouts should not approach him, but call 999 immediately.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
If anyone has other information which they think could be relevant to police efforts they should contact the confidential Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321.