Detectives launch appeal to trace terror suspect
Detectives are appealing for help in tracing a missing terror suspect last seen in Camden on Boxing Day.
Counter terrorism officers were alerted to Ibrahim Magag’s disappearance when he failed to meet his overnight residence condition – part of a terror control order.
The 28-year-old was last seen hailing a black cab near Osnaburgh Street and Triton Street in the Euston area on Boxing Day at around 5.20pm.
Met Police officers last night (Wednesday) quizzed London taxi drivers at King’s Cross and Euston railway stations in a bid to identify the driver of the black cab.
He was wearing a khaki robe, a black Berghaus windcheater and navy Converse trainers. The missing terror suspect is described as 6ft 2ins tall, of slim to medium build, with a beard, although police believe it is possible he may try to change his appearance.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said: “Ibrahim Magag is not considered at this time to represent a direct threat to the British public.”
Anyone who sees Mr Magag or knows of his whereabouts should not approach him, but call 999 immediately.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
If anyone has other information which they think could be relevant to police efforts they should contact the confidential Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321.