Detectives hunt bus attacker
CAMDEN police launched an appeal today to track down a thug who assaulted a man in an attempted robbery on the N29 bus.
The violent thief targeted a 23-year-old man who got on the bus at Tottenham Court Road at around 4.10am on Sunday, 23 January.
The suspect, described as a white man aged 27 - 35, got on at the same stop and took the seat next to the victim.
As the victim began to fall asleep, the robber tried to slip his hand in his pocket to snatch his wallet.
Realising what the suspect was trying to do, the man shouted for the bus to be stopped.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle halted on Hampstead Road, at which point the attacker hit the victim in the face and ran off the bus.
The victim gave chase, but he sustained serious facial injuries requiring hospital treatment when the pickpocket turned on him again.
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 7 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 8 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
Detective Constable Raj Thamoderam, said: “I am very keen to hear from anyone who was on the bus and witnessed the incident, particularly an individual who handed property, which had been found on the bus, to the bus driver.”
Anyone with information about the incident is urged to call Camden Police on 0300 123 1212, or call Crimestoppers anonymously, on 0800 555 111.