‘Dangerous’ Kentish Town man jailed for attempted rape of lone woman in Camden
- Credit: Archant
A “dangerous” Kentish Town man who followed and sexually assaulted a lone woman has been found guilty of attempted rape.
Radu-Ionut Vilculescu, 26, of Fortess Road, followed the woman, in her 30s, along Kentish Town Road.
When she ignored him, he grabbed her, pushed her against a parked van and sexually assaulted her.
As she tried to get away, Vilculescu dragged her into a nearby garden and attempted to rape her.
It was only when the woman managed to get her phone out that he ran away.
You may also want to watch:
Although she was not seriously injured, she did suffer bruising where her attacker had grabbed her.
The attack happened on December 5 last year, and Vilculescu was arrested on February 20 after a CCTV appeal.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
Detective Constable Arif Sheikh, from Camden CID, said: “This was a calculated and planned attack on a lone woman who was subjected to a violent and serious sexual assault.
“Vilculescu is a dangerous man who is now off our streets.
“Only the bravery of the woman prevented her being exposed to any further harm.”
Vilculescu will be sentenced on Friday, August 12, at Blackfriars Crown Court.