‘Dangerous’ Kentish Town man jailed for attempted rape of lone woman in Camden
- Credit: Archant
A “dangerous” Kentish Town man who followed and sexually assaulted a lone woman has been found guilty of attempted rape.
Radu-Ionut Vilculescu, 26, of Fortess Road, followed the woman, in her 30s, along Kentish Town Road.
When she ignored him, he grabbed her, pushed her against a parked van and sexually assaulted her.
As she tried to get away, Vilculescu dragged her into a nearby garden and attempted to rape her.
It was only when the woman managed to get her phone out that he ran away.
You may also want to watch:
Although she was not seriously injured, she did suffer bruising where her attacker had grabbed her.
The attack happened on December 5 last year, and Vilculescu was arrested on February 20 after a CCTV appeal.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 6 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 7 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 8 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 9 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees
- 10 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally
Detective Constable Arif Sheikh, from Camden CID, said: “This was a calculated and planned attack on a lone woman who was subjected to a violent and serious sexual assault.
“Vilculescu is a dangerous man who is now off our streets.
“Only the bravery of the woman prevented her being exposed to any further harm.”
Vilculescu will be sentenced on Friday, August 12, at Blackfriars Crown Court.