Crouch End teenager stabbed to death after huge brawl named by police
- Credit: Archant
A Crouch End teenager stabbed to death in Park Royal has been named by police.
Mahad Hussein Ali died after he was attacked following a brawl at a house party in Coronation Road in the early hours of Thursday morning.
The 18-year-old’s devastated family are desperately seeking answers as to why he was set upon and what sparked the fight, Scotland Yard said.
Detectives from the homicide and major crime command continue to appeal for any witnesses to “do the right thing” and come forward with information.
Emergency services rushed to the industrial estate just after 2.30am to reports of a stabbing.
You may also want to watch:
Police believe there were 50 people or more at the party where a fight broke out inside.
The brawl spilled outside where Mahad was stabbed.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 3 Highgate's Well Pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster vaccines with flu jabs
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 6 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 7 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 8 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
He was rushed to a central hospital where he was pronounced dead just after 4.30am.
Another man was treated at the scene for a head injury and enquires continue to establish if there were any others injured during the fight.
DCI Luke Marks said: “It is of paramount importance that those that were at the party and saw the events leading up to the stabbing or the incident itself come forward and speak to us. I appreciate that there maybe some apprehension about coming forward but I would ask that they do not delay in talking to us.
“Mahad’s family have been left completely devastated and are desperately seeking answers as to why he was set upon and what sparked the altercation.
“Mahad suffered significant injuries and there is a strong possibility that person or people involved in the attack would have got blood stains on their clothing.
“I would appeal to anyone who knows that a loved one attended the party who either washed or threw away items of clothing when they returned home to approach us. Please do not remain silent.
“If you have the slightest indication that your loved one may have been involved now is the time to say something.
“To those mothers, sisters and girlfriends shielding the person or people responsible, please do the right thing.”
No arrests have been made and enquires continue. Call 020 8358 0200 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.