Crouch End stabbing: MP pens open letter calling for new Prime Minister to act on knife crime
- Credit: Archant
After Sunday’s stabbing of a young man in Crouch End, Hornsey and Wood Green MP Catherine West has written an open letter calling on the two remaining candidates to be Prime Minister to take action to reduce knife crime.
The MP has called for constituents to add their signatures to her letter, which she will send on the new PM's first day in office.
She said: "This month has seen yet more violent crime on our streets, with the shocking stabbing of a teenager in Crouch End.
"It's desperately sad to see this cycle of violence continue with so little action from the Government."
A teenager was stabbed in the abdomen after an altercation in Middle Lane, Crouch End shortly after 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought an argument had spilled out from the Broadway down towards where the victim was found - outside of restaurant Matthew's Kitchen.
Catherine's full letter is available at catherinewest.org.uk/
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 3 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 9 Punk Blythe doll worth almost £1,000 visits Camden Town
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate