Crouch End stabbing: MP pens open letter calling for new Prime Minister to act on knife crime
- Credit: Archant
After Sunday’s stabbing of a young man in Crouch End, Hornsey and Wood Green MP Catherine West has written an open letter calling on the two remaining candidates to be Prime Minister to take action to reduce knife crime.
The MP has called for constituents to add their signatures to her letter, which she will send on the new PM's first day in office.
She said: "This month has seen yet more violent crime on our streets, with the shocking stabbing of a teenager in Crouch End.
"It's desperately sad to see this cycle of violence continue with so little action from the Government."
A teenager was stabbed in the abdomen after an altercation in Middle Lane, Crouch End shortly after 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought an argument had spilled out from the Broadway down towards where the victim was found - outside of restaurant Matthew's Kitchen.
Catherine's full letter is available at catherinewest.org.uk/
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 5 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 6 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 7 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre