Crouch End stabbing: MP pens open letter calling for new Prime Minister to act on knife crime
- Credit: Archant
After Sunday’s stabbing of a young man in Crouch End, Hornsey and Wood Green MP Catherine West has written an open letter calling on the two remaining candidates to be Prime Minister to take action to reduce knife crime.
The MP has called for constituents to add their signatures to her letter, which she will send on the new PM's first day in office.
She said: "This month has seen yet more violent crime on our streets, with the shocking stabbing of a teenager in Crouch End.
"It's desperately sad to see this cycle of violence continue with so little action from the Government."
A teenager was stabbed in the abdomen after an altercation in Middle Lane, Crouch End shortly after 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought an argument had spilled out from the Broadway down towards where the victim was found - outside of restaurant Matthew's Kitchen.
Catherine's full letter is available at catherinewest.org.uk/
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park