Crouch End moped crime: Teen charged after incident in Mayfield Road
- Credit: Archant
A teenager faces a string of charges related to moped crime after being arrested following a incident in Crouch End on Tuesday.
The 17 year old - who was arrested in Mayfield Road - was charged yesterday with three motoring offences, including aggravated vehicle taking, along with handling stolen goods, possession of cannabis and two counts of assaulting an emergency worker.
The arrest came after a chase by car and on foot when police attempted to apprehend two men in Landrock Road.
The police response saw Ferme Park Road closed, leading to delays on the W3 bus.
A second suspect's whereabouts are unknown.
You may also want to watch:
The man charged was remanded in custody to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court today.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 8 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives
- 9 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins