Crouch End burglary victim publishes picture of suspect after Samaritan charity box stolen
- Credit: Archant
A Crouch End mum has published this CCTV picture of a man she suspects broke into her home and stole precious belongings - including a Samaritan’s Christmas charity appeal box.
The woman, who asked not to be named said in a message to a closed Facebook group: “To the person who burgled us last night; I get you stealing my stuff. You don’t know us and an easy win right? So I hope my stuff is worth the bits and pieces of cash you get for it.
“But for stealing the Samaritan’s Christmas box we had ready to donate and my baby’s change bag you’re an evil human being.
“There’s no value in that for you whatsoever. You’ve literally stolen from defenceless babies. I hope you rot in hell and i hope you get everything you deserve.
“Oh and smile, because you’re on camera and the police have footage of you. If anyone sees this man, please call the police,” she adds.
Speaking exclusively to the Ham&High, the mum, who has a one-year-old son, said the thief broke into her Park Road home while the family were asleep upstairs at around 3:46am on November 16.
He stole a laptop, phone, camera, her handbag, her baby’s changing bag, precious new photos of her son at nursery along with the charity box.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 3 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 4 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 5 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 6 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 7 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 8 Renaissance painting discovered in pensioner's bedroom sells for £255k
- 9 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
- 10 'Shambles': Haringey's parking website still full of problems
She said: “What really upset me was we lost photos of our son from nursery, he stole our baby’s change bag, and he stole the Christmas box we’d prepared for the Samaritans Christmas appeal.
“It was clearly labelled for a baby girl and had nothing worth selling in there, but means there’s a tiny girl somewhere who’s missed out. Some people are scumbags and deserve to get caught”.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said officers from Haringey police were investigating and that so far there had been no arrests.
The Samaritans Christmas appeal asks people to prepare boxes full of gifts to give to a child in need at Christmas.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.