Court bails husband on murder charge over disappearance of pregnant wife six years ago
The husband of a missing Hampstead woman has been charged with her murder six years after she disappeared.
Lihau Cao, also known as Li or Lisa Ekaireb, was last seen at the end of October 2006 when she was four months’ pregnant.
Robert Ekaireb, of Corrigan Close, Hendon, appeared at the Old Bailey today (Tuesday, June 12) charged with her murder and was bailed to next appear on September 14.
His arrest on Thursday (June 7) came after detectives re-launched the investigation into Ms Cao’s disappearance as a murder inquiry – though her body has never been found.
Ms Cao lived with her 37-year-old husband in Hampstead and worked as a waitress in Chinatown.
You may also want to watch:
She was 27 when she went missing in 2006 and she was last in contact with her family in October that year.
Detectives are appealing for information to help them piece together Ms Cao’s final movements.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 3 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Huge relief': Golders Green care home celebrates booster rollout
- 6 Punk Blythe doll worth almost £1,000 visits Camden Town
- 7 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 8 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 9 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
* Anyone with information should contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.