Court bails husband on murder charge over disappearance of pregnant wife six years ago
The husband of a missing Hampstead woman has been charged with her murder six years after she disappeared.
Lihau Cao, also known as Li or Lisa Ekaireb, was last seen at the end of October 2006 when she was four months’ pregnant.
Robert Ekaireb, of Corrigan Close, Hendon, appeared at the Old Bailey today (Tuesday, June 12) charged with her murder and was bailed to next appear on September 14.
His arrest on Thursday (June 7) came after detectives re-launched the investigation into Ms Cao’s disappearance as a murder inquiry – though her body has never been found.
Ms Cao lived with her 37-year-old husband in Hampstead and worked as a waitress in Chinatown.
You may also want to watch:
She was 27 when she went missing in 2006 and she was last in contact with her family in October that year.
Detectives are appealing for information to help them piece together Ms Cao’s final movements.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
* Anyone with information should contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.