Court bails husband on murder charge over disappearance of pregnant wife six years ago
The husband of a missing Hampstead woman has been charged with her murder six years after she disappeared.
Lihau Cao, also known as Li or Lisa Ekaireb, was last seen at the end of October 2006 when she was four months’ pregnant.
Robert Ekaireb, of Corrigan Close, Hendon, appeared at the Old Bailey today (Tuesday, June 12) charged with her murder and was bailed to next appear on September 14.
His arrest on Thursday (June 7) came after detectives re-launched the investigation into Ms Cao’s disappearance as a murder inquiry – though her body has never been found.
Ms Cao lived with her 37-year-old husband in Hampstead and worked as a waitress in Chinatown.
You may also want to watch:
She was 27 when she went missing in 2006 and she was last in contact with her family in October that year.
Detectives are appealing for information to help them piece together Ms Cao’s final movements.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Probe into £23m property deal is like 'a vendetta', says ex-deputy leader
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
* Anyone with information should contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.