Couple robbed in their own home are ‘pinned down’ as jewellery is stolen
- Credit: PA WIRE
Barnet police are appealing for information after a couple in their 60s were robbed in their own home in Hampstead Garden Suburb.
The husband and wife were attacked as they returned to their home on Bigwood Road shortly after 11.00pm on May 31.
As they opened their front door, one of the suspects grabbed the husband before forcing him into the home and onto the stairs. The second suspect grabbed the woman and forced her to the floor where he pinned her down before stealing her diamond ring.
The couple, who do not wish to be identified, said: “We have been married for 43 years and this ring has a lot of sentimental value. It means more to us than it could to anyone else and we are desperate for it to be returned.”
Detective Sergeant Amakai Kefas said: “This was a nasty attack on a couple in their own home. Although neither were hurt in the ordeal, it is a terrible thing to happen in the place where you should feel most safe.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone with information to contact police. I would also like to hear from anyone who may have been approached by someone trying to sell the ring.”
The two suspects, believed to be between 20 and 30 years old, fled on foot and ran towards Meadway.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 6 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 7 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 8 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
One suspect is described as being approximately 5ft 10 ins and wearing a hooded jacket. The other, who stole the ring, is also 5ft 10ins and wearing a dark coloured hooded top.
Detectives would like to speak with anyone who saw two men in the area at the time of the incident, or who witnessed anyone matching the description running from the scene.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Barnet CID via 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.