Convicted: Westminster Council officer who tried to arrange sex with five-year-old girl and her mother
- Credit: central news
A wheelchair-bound equalities adviser at Westminster Council who was caught red-handed arranging to have sex with a five-year-old girl and her mother is facing jail.
Andrew Holdsworth-Wild, 58, organised a liaison at a Travelodge with ‘Jo’, an undercover cop, and her fictional daughter ‘Chloe’, after he said he enjoyed getting naked with his imaginary “daughter” and liked “playing, having sex and sexy times” in online coversations with the fictional pair.
Covert officers initially made contact with Holdsworth-Wild on the True Nudist website on February 22, 2011. After moving the conversation to an MSN chatroom he said he would “love to play with a family” and made incestuous suggestions to Jo.
He had condoms, a box of Smarties, a colouring book and train tickets to Maidstone, Kent, when he was arrested at central London’s Victoria station on July 21 that year.
He was later sacked from his position as inclusion and access officer at the council after an internal probe, Southwark Crown Court heard.
You may also want to watch:
Prosecutor James Norman had told the jury: “The prosecution say the defendant intentionally arranged to have a sexual encounter with Chloe, a five-year-old girl.’
“Mr Holdsworth-Wild does not deny having had online conversations with undercover police officers during which he made arrangements to have sex with Chloe.
- 1 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 5 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 6 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 7 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 8 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 9 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
“However, his case is those conversations were nothing more than fantasies and he never intended to go through with it.”
But the pervert was today found guilty of arranging or facilitating the commission of a child sex offence, following a retrial. He admitted possessing a level one indecent image of a child at the start of his original trial in August 2012.
Holdsworth-Wild appeared to be shocked by the verdict, while relatives in the public gallery sobbed.
Adjourning sentence until May 3, Judge John Price said Holdsworth-Wild, now of Chy Hwel near Truro, Cornwall, may be jailed.
Carolyn Beech, Westminster Council’s acting human resources director, said: “The council carried out thorough reference checks on Holdsworth-Wild before his employment, including an enhanced CRB [Criminal Records Bureau] check, and I can confirm that nothing of any concern was raised within either.
“Westminster Council co-operated fully with the police and acted swiftly and appropriately; Holdsworth-Wild was suspended as a result of his arrest and the charges brought against him, and subsequently dismissed after an internal investigation, overseen by our HR team and union representatives.”