Convicted rapist jailed for indecent exposure in Paddington
A convicted rapist has been jailed for 18 weeks after exposing himself on the steps of Paddington Library and telling a paramedic to give him oral sex.
Lithuanian born Mikalcayunas Raimonadas, 48, was found drunk and unconscious in the entrance to the library in Porchester Road at 2.20pm on December 23.
The London Ambulance Service was called and paramedics roused him, Westminster Magistrates’ Court heard on Monday.
Raimonadas started swearing at the paramedics before grabbing his groin and making the sexual request.
When they asked him to stop he pulled his trousers down and exposed himself. The court heard Raimonadas, from Stratford, was convicted of two rapes in Lithuania in 1991 and 2003.
You may also want to watch:
He moved to the UK in 2006 when his marriage broke down and he worked in the construction industry.
Defence counsel Kalsoom Shah said Raimonadas was “remorseful for his actions” and “upset and ashamed of himself”.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 9 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
Magistrate Victoria Readman said: “The aggravating features of this offence are that you were very drunk at the time, that you were aggressive to public servants who were carrying out their duties, and you showed a lack of compliance with the authorities in being arrested.”
Raimonadas pleaded guilty to one charge of exposure.