Cocaine wrap police officers from Kentish Town admit conspiracy to pervert course of justice
- Credit: Archant
Two officers from Kentish Town police station have admitted conspiring to pervert the course of justice over a drugs arrest.
Pc Aaron Evans-Keady, 26, and detention officer Kieran Cross, 24, were accused of improperly releasing a suspect who was allegedly caught with three wraps of cocaine.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “The substance in the wraps was tested by Cross.
“It is alleged that the substance tested positive for cocaine, but following a conversation between Evans and Cross, it was agreed that the substance was negative.”
The woman suspect should have been cautioned for drug possession, but was released without any further action taken.
Evans-Keady pleaded guilty to conspiring to pervert the course of justice on Tuesday at Southwark Crown Court. He has been suspended from the force.
Cross had previously admitted the same charge and resigned from the force.
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 5 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 6 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 7 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 8 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
- 9 PLU: St John's Wood restaurant finds the right formula
- 10 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes
Both men will be sentenced on May 3.