Cocaine wrap police officers from Kentish Town admit conspiracy to pervert course of justice
- Credit: Archant
Two officers from Kentish Town police station have admitted conspiring to pervert the course of justice over a drugs arrest.
Pc Aaron Evans-Keady, 26, and detention officer Kieran Cross, 24, were accused of improperly releasing a suspect who was allegedly caught with three wraps of cocaine.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “The substance in the wraps was tested by Cross.
“It is alleged that the substance tested positive for cocaine, but following a conversation between Evans and Cross, it was agreed that the substance was negative.”
The woman suspect should have been cautioned for drug possession, but was released without any further action taken.
You may also want to watch:
Evans-Keady pleaded guilty to conspiring to pervert the course of justice on Tuesday at Southwark Crown Court. He has been suspended from the force.
Cross had previously admitted the same charge and resigned from the force.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 4 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 8 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 9 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 10 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
Both men will be sentenced on May 3.