Cocaine wrap police officers from Kentish Town admit conspiracy to pervert course of justice
- Credit: Archant
Two officers from Kentish Town police station have admitted conspiring to pervert the course of justice over a drugs arrest.
Pc Aaron Evans-Keady, 26, and detention officer Kieran Cross, 24, were accused of improperly releasing a suspect who was allegedly caught with three wraps of cocaine.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “The substance in the wraps was tested by Cross.
“It is alleged that the substance tested positive for cocaine, but following a conversation between Evans and Cross, it was agreed that the substance was negative.”
The woman suspect should have been cautioned for drug possession, but was released without any further action taken.
You may also want to watch:
Evans-Keady pleaded guilty to conspiring to pervert the course of justice on Tuesday at Southwark Crown Court. He has been suspended from the force.
Cross had previously admitted the same charge and resigned from the force.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 5 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
Both men will be sentenced on May 3.