Centre of Muswell Hill cordoned off after man shot
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man is in a serious condition in hospital with gunshot wounds following the shooting at around 3am this morning.
Armed police were called shortly after 3am this morning to reports of gunshots fired in Muswell Hill,
A Met spokesman said: “Armed officers attended the scene but no victim or suspect was identified at the location.”
Half an hour later the victim went to a north London hospital suffering from gunshot injuries.
“His condition is serious but stable and not believed to be life-threatening,” said the spokesman
You may also want to watch:
The area around Muswell HIll Broadway and roundabout has been cordoned of as officers from the gang command Trident are investigating.
The Muswell Hill and Fortis Green Association posted on its Facebook page: “Due to a shooting last night the top of Dukes Avenue from Wellfield Ave is closed and there is heavy traffic in the area. The person was seriously injured. All the shops from Waitrose to the top of Dukes Avenue are also closed.”
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
Anyone with information that may assist police should call Trident officers via 101. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
More updates to follow