Centre of Muswell Hill cordoned off after man shot
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man is in a serious condition in hospital with gunshot wounds following the shooting at around 3am this morning.
Armed police were called shortly after 3am this morning to reports of gunshots fired in Muswell Hill,
A Met spokesman said: “Armed officers attended the scene but no victim or suspect was identified at the location.”
Half an hour later the victim went to a north London hospital suffering from gunshot injuries.
“His condition is serious but stable and not believed to be life-threatening,” said the spokesman
You may also want to watch:
The area around Muswell HIll Broadway and roundabout has been cordoned of as officers from the gang command Trident are investigating.
The Muswell Hill and Fortis Green Association posted on its Facebook page: “Due to a shooting last night the top of Dukes Avenue from Wellfield Ave is closed and there is heavy traffic in the area. The person was seriously injured. All the shops from Waitrose to the top of Dukes Avenue are also closed.”
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 3 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 4 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
Anyone with information that may assist police should call Trident officers via 101. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
More updates to follow