Centre of Muswell Hill cordoned off after man shot
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man is in a serious condition in hospital with gunshot wounds following the shooting at around 3am this morning.
Armed police were called shortly after 3am this morning to reports of gunshots fired in Muswell Hill,
A Met spokesman said: “Armed officers attended the scene but no victim or suspect was identified at the location.”
Half an hour later the victim went to a north London hospital suffering from gunshot injuries.
“His condition is serious but stable and not believed to be life-threatening,” said the spokesman
You may also want to watch:
The area around Muswell HIll Broadway and roundabout has been cordoned of as officers from the gang command Trident are investigating.
The Muswell Hill and Fortis Green Association posted on its Facebook page: “Due to a shooting last night the top of Dukes Avenue from Wellfield Ave is closed and there is heavy traffic in the area. The person was seriously injured. All the shops from Waitrose to the top of Dukes Avenue are also closed.”
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 8 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 9 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
Anyone with information that may assist police should call Trident officers via 101. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
More updates to follow