CCTV linked to Kentish Town armed robbery revealed
DRAMATIC CCTV linked to an armed robbery in Kentish Town has been released by police.
The Flying Squad has released footage of a Finsbury Park shopkeeper grappling with a violent armed robber just minutes after a similar robbery on Fortess Road.
Officers are currently hunting two men suspected of both of the crimes.
The images capture the moment, at 9.45pm on 21 December, the brave 46-year-old shopkeepers and his son, aged 25, tried to fend off the robbers despite them being armed with a handgun and a large knife.
Both suspects and victims were then involved in a struggle, with the knifeman repeatedly trying to stab the shopkeeper and the gunman pistol-whipping his son.
You may also want to watch:
The robbers eventually fled empty-handed from the Gonca supermarket at 116 Blackstock Road, Finsbury Park, leaving the victims cut and bruised and very lucky to have escaped more serious injury.
Police say that the robbery is believed to be connected to the armed robbery which took place at ‘MyShop’ on Fortess Road just minutes earlier at 9.37pm.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
In a similar sequence of events two suspects armed with a pistol and a large knife entered the venue, threatened staff and demanded cash from the till.