CCTV images released of Hampstead robbery suspect
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the robbery of a cash in transit security guard at a Hampstead Post office have released CCTV footage of the suspect.
The robbery took place on February 16 on Hampstead High Street as a 50-year-old security guard was delivering cash.
According to police, the suspect attacked the guard from behind, pushing him and punching him in the face.
The police statement said: “The victim suffered head and shoulder injuries and was taken by London Ambulance Service to a north London hospital. The suspect is described as a tall, white man, wearing a black padded, hooded coat.
“Anyone with any information should contact the Flying Squad on 020 8785 8655 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
You may also want to watch:
Mohammed Khan, who was posting a parcel at the time, said: “There was a scuffle and then I heard cries and shouts of ‘Stop him!’ and saw a man running away carrying a bag.
“I tried to trip him up and then chased him down the road with the security guard. The guard collapsed after he was struck and I ran as fast as I could half way down the road but I couldn’t keep up.”
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 10 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
He added: “I didn’t know if he had a weapon. When you have a gut feeling you don’t think, you just do it.”