CCTV image: Man with a note saying ‘I have a bomb’ robs Barclays Bank in Finchley Road
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued a CCTV image of a man who held up Barclays Bank in Swiss Cottage with a note saying “I have a bomb” - a week before robbers stole thousands from a nearby Western Union branch.
The CCTV image shows a man who entered the bank in Finchley Road and told staff he had a bomb, before escaping with an undisclosed sum of money.
The man passed a note to the cashier saying “I have a bomb give me money” during the robbery at 1.15pm on Friday, July 12.
It is not being linked to a robbery at Western Union last Friday (July 19), when two men armed with a gun and a sledgehammer threatened to shoot staff before escaping with up to £10,000.
Police have appealed for help to solve the Barclays robbery.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the man shown in the CCTV image, or who has information that may assist police, is asked to call the Finchley Flying Squad on 020 8358 1751 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 2 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 3 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 6 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 7 Probe into £23m property deal is like 'a vendetta', says ex-deputy leader
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper