CCTV image: Man with a note saying ‘I have a bomb’ robs Barclays Bank in Finchley Road
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued a CCTV image of a man who held up Barclays Bank in Swiss Cottage with a note saying “I have a bomb” - a week before robbers stole thousands from a nearby Western Union branch.
The CCTV image shows a man who entered the bank in Finchley Road and told staff he had a bomb, before escaping with an undisclosed sum of money.
The man passed a note to the cashier saying “I have a bomb give me money” during the robbery at 1.15pm on Friday, July 12.
It is not being linked to a robbery at Western Union last Friday (July 19), when two men armed with a gun and a sledgehammer threatened to shoot staff before escaping with up to £10,000.
Police have appealed for help to solve the Barclays robbery.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the man shown in the CCTV image, or who has information that may assist police, is asked to call the Finchley Flying Squad on 020 8358 1751 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 4 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 5 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Camden arts charity sets up award in memory of actor Helen McCrory