CCTV image: Man with a note saying ‘I have a bomb’ robs Barclays Bank in Finchley Road
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued a CCTV image of a man who held up Barclays Bank in Swiss Cottage with a note saying “I have a bomb” - a week before robbers stole thousands from a nearby Western Union branch.
The CCTV image shows a man who entered the bank in Finchley Road and told staff he had a bomb, before escaping with an undisclosed sum of money.
The man passed a note to the cashier saying “I have a bomb give me money” during the robbery at 1.15pm on Friday, July 12.
It is not being linked to a robbery at Western Union last Friday (July 19), when two men armed with a gun and a sledgehammer threatened to shoot staff before escaping with up to £10,000.
Police have appealed for help to solve the Barclays robbery.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the man shown in the CCTV image, or who has information that may assist police, is asked to call the Finchley Flying Squad on 020 8358 1751 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing