CCTV footage released in appeal over Camden burglary
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have issued CCTV footage after four men tricked their way into the home of an elderly Camden couple before making off with cash.
One of the burglars told the vulnerable 70-year-old woman who answered the door that he was from the council to check a water leak.
Believing the ruse, she escorted the conman into the kitchen while his three accomplices followed and searched the flat in Regent Square, Camden.
However, the four burglars fled after the woman’s 85-year-old husband confronted them at around 2pm.
All four suspects are described as white men.
The man who initially spoke with the woman is described as having a London or English accent.
Detective Constable Harriet Warrilow, of Camden CID, said: “The men had pulled coats over their heads in an attempt to prevent their identification through CCTV.
- 1 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 4 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 5 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 9 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 10 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
“However, I am hopeful that somebody will recognise the group through the footage of the four men together entering and leaving the block of flats.”
Anyone with information that may assist police, or who can recognise any of the suspects, should call Camden CID via 101.
To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.