CCTV footage released in appeal over Camden burglary
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have issued CCTV footage after four men tricked their way into the home of an elderly Camden couple before making off with cash.
One of the burglars told the vulnerable 70-year-old woman who answered the door that he was from the council to check a water leak.
Believing the ruse, she escorted the conman into the kitchen while his three accomplices followed and searched the flat in Regent Square, Camden.
However, the four burglars fled after the woman’s 85-year-old husband confronted them at around 2pm.
All four suspects are described as white men.
You may also want to watch:
The man who initially spoke with the woman is described as having a London or English accent.
Detective Constable Harriet Warrilow, of Camden CID, said: “The men had pulled coats over their heads in an attempt to prevent their identification through CCTV.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 6 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
“However, I am hopeful that somebody will recognise the group through the footage of the four men together entering and leaving the block of flats.”
Anyone with information that may assist police, or who can recognise any of the suspects, should call Camden CID via 101.
To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.