CCTV footage released in appeal over Camden burglary
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have issued CCTV footage after four men tricked their way into the home of an elderly Camden couple before making off with cash.
One of the burglars told the vulnerable 70-year-old woman who answered the door that he was from the council to check a water leak.
Believing the ruse, she escorted the conman into the kitchen while his three accomplices followed and searched the flat in Regent Square, Camden.
However, the four burglars fled after the woman’s 85-year-old husband confronted them at around 2pm.
All four suspects are described as white men.
You may also want to watch:
The man who initially spoke with the woman is described as having a London or English accent.
Detective Constable Harriet Warrilow, of Camden CID, said: “The men had pulled coats over their heads in an attempt to prevent their identification through CCTV.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 8 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 9 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
“However, I am hopeful that somebody will recognise the group through the footage of the four men together entering and leaving the block of flats.”
Anyone with information that may assist police, or who can recognise any of the suspects, should call Camden CID via 101.
To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.