CCTV appeal after woman dragged into Kentish Town garden and sexually assaulted
- Credit: Archant
Police want to speak to this man after a woman was dragged into a garden and sexually assaulted in Kentish Town.
The victim, in her 30s, was walking along Kentish Town Road at about 1.45am on Saturday, December 5, when a man started following her.
He tried to start a conversation with her but she ignored him and carried on walking.
When the woman turned into Leighton Road, the man got in front of her and pushed her against a parked van before sexually assaulting her.
When she tried to escape, the suspect dragged her into a nearby garden and sexually assaulted her again.
You may also want to watch:
He ran off when the victim pulled out her mobile phone.
The woman suffered bruising but was not seriously injured.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 8 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 9 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
Police have today released a CCTV image and video footage of a man they want to speak to in connection with the assault.
The man is white, in his 20s or 30s, with a slim build and short brown hair. He spoke with a foreign accent. He was wearing a black jacket, blue jeans with a rip on the right knee and white-soled black trainers.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or who recognises the man in the CCTV footage is asked to call DC Arif Sheikh at Camden CID on 020 8733 6593 or via 101, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online.