CCTV: ‘Anti-Semitic’ attackers pelt Jewish worshippers with eggs in Golders Green
- Credit: Archant
The Jewish neighbourhood watch group Shomrim have released CCTV images of occupants of a car throwing eggs at Jewish worshippers outside a synagogue in Golders Green.
Shomrim NW London said occupants of a blue Toyota Prius deliberately pelted eggs at the worshippers who were wearing traditional Jewish dress outside the Hagers Shul Synagogue, in Highfield Avenue, Golders Green at 11.40pm on Tuesday night.
Gary Ost, ceo of Shomrim NW London, said: “Eggs were thrown by occupants of a Toyota Prius deliberately and exclusively at Jews coming out of a Synagogue in Golders Green following evening prayers.
“This cowardly and unprovoked anti-Semitic attack on Jews must be treated severely by the criminal justice system if others are to be deterred from employing it.
“We are in the process of reviewing other CCTV in the area and will be giving the evidence to police.”
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday, the security organisation tweeted: “At 11.40pm on the 4th of April 2015 occupants of a blue Toyota Prius threw eggs at Jewish worshippers outside a synagogue in Golders Green.”
Witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 101 or Shomrim NW London on 0300 999 1234.
- 1 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 2 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 3 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 4 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 5 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 6 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 7 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 8 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 9 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
In an unconnected incident earlier this week a 26-year old man was arrested after he was reported to be performing a nazi salute at Jews outside a kosher restaurant on Golders Green Road.