Cash box robber strikes in Belsize
A ROBBER is being hunted by police after he seized a cash box from a security guard in Belsize yesterday.
It happened at 2.30pm in Haverstock Hill near Natwest Bank shortly after the security guard had made the collection.
The suspect is described at light-skinned black male, aged around 20-25. He was around six feet tall and of athletic build, and wearing a light brown hoodie with the hood worn and tied tightly to his face. He made off into Downside Crescent where he was last seen.
At the same time as the robbery, the security guard saw two people on a motorbike next to a bus stop outside the Budgens suppermarket nearby. The rider was revving the engine loudly and police believe the people on the bike may be connected to the robbery.
The cash box was later found empty almost two hours later on the Girdlestone Estate in Archway.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed or may have information on the incident is asked to contact the Finchley Flying Squad 0208 358 1751 or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 4 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 5 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 6 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 7 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill