Cash box robber strikes in Belsize
A ROBBER is being hunted by police after he seized a cash box from a security guard in Belsize yesterday.
It happened at 2.30pm in Haverstock Hill near Natwest Bank shortly after the security guard had made the collection.
The suspect is described at light-skinned black male, aged around 20-25. He was around six feet tall and of athletic build, and wearing a light brown hoodie with the hood worn and tied tightly to his face. He made off into Downside Crescent where he was last seen.
At the same time as the robbery, the security guard saw two people on a motorbike next to a bus stop outside the Budgens suppermarket nearby. The rider was revving the engine loudly and police believe the people on the bike may be connected to the robbery.
The cash box was later found empty almost two hours later on the Girdlestone Estate in Archway.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed or may have information on the incident is asked to contact the Finchley Flying Squad 0208 358 1751 or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 5 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 6 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 7 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 8 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 9 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 10 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group