Cash box robber strikes in Belsize
A ROBBER is being hunted by police after he seized a cash box from a security guard in Belsize yesterday.
It happened at 2.30pm in Haverstock Hill near Natwest Bank shortly after the security guard had made the collection.
The suspect is described at light-skinned black male, aged around 20-25. He was around six feet tall and of athletic build, and wearing a light brown hoodie with the hood worn and tied tightly to his face. He made off into Downside Crescent where he was last seen.
At the same time as the robbery, the security guard saw two people on a motorbike next to a bus stop outside the Budgens suppermarket nearby. The rider was revving the engine loudly and police believe the people on the bike may be connected to the robbery.
The cash box was later found empty almost two hours later on the Girdlestone Estate in Archway.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed or may have information on the incident is asked to contact the Finchley Flying Squad 0208 358 1751 or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station