Case dropped against man accused of assaulting PC after West Hampstead squat party
- Credit: Archant
The case against a man charged with assaulting a police officer after a raid on a West Hampstead squat has been dropped.
Michael McGirr, 29, of Castlehaven Road, Camden Town, was arrested following an incident in Maygrove Road on May 6.
He was later charged with assault of a police constable in the execution of duty and was due to go on trial at Enfield Magistrates Court on Wednesday.
Police officers were called to Maygrove Road on several occasions during the first May bank holiday weekend to reports of squatters disturbing neighbours with loud parties.
Eye-witnesses claimed there were up to 100 people staying at the property, which is a former office building, until police arrived and asked them to move on.
At the court hearing, the prosecutor decided the case should not proceed due to a lack of evidence.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 6 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 7 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 8 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week