Car vandals return to Belsize Park as three Volkswagens smashed in one street
- Credit: None
Thieves are reportedly targeting Volkswagen cars after three were broken into in a single street in Belsize Park – but no other vehicles were touched.
Three cars made by the German manufacturer had their windows smashed in Belsize Crescent on Saturday night.
Roger Montgomery, chairman of Belsize Crescent Neighbourhood Watch, said he understands that a further four Volkswagens were vandalised in nearby streets.
He claimed that police investigating the incident said some Volkswagen models are easy to break into without setting off an alarm.
The area has been blighted by similar reports of car break-ins in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
In one of the worst examples, 15 car windows were allegedly shattered in Belsize Park in one night in September 2012.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end