Car vandals return to Belsize Park as three Volkswagens smashed in one street
- Credit: None
Thieves are reportedly targeting Volkswagen cars after three were broken into in a single street in Belsize Park – but no other vehicles were touched.
Three cars made by the German manufacturer had their windows smashed in Belsize Crescent on Saturday night.
Roger Montgomery, chairman of Belsize Crescent Neighbourhood Watch, said he understands that a further four Volkswagens were vandalised in nearby streets.
He claimed that police investigating the incident said some Volkswagen models are easy to break into without setting off an alarm.
The area has been blighted by similar reports of car break-ins in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
In one of the worst examples, 15 car windows were allegedly shattered in Belsize Park in one night in September 2012.
- 1 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 2 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 3 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 4 Capita review could see Barnet Council services return in-house
- 5 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
- 6 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 7 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 8 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 9 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 10 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals