Car vandals return to Belsize Park as three Volkswagens smashed in one street
- Credit: None
Thieves are reportedly targeting Volkswagen cars after three were broken into in a single street in Belsize Park – but no other vehicles were touched.
Three cars made by the German manufacturer had their windows smashed in Belsize Crescent on Saturday night.
Roger Montgomery, chairman of Belsize Crescent Neighbourhood Watch, said he understands that a further four Volkswagens were vandalised in nearby streets.
He claimed that police investigating the incident said some Volkswagen models are easy to break into without setting off an alarm.
The area has been blighted by similar reports of car break-ins in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
In one of the worst examples, 15 car windows were allegedly shattered in Belsize Park in one night in September 2012.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 4 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose