Cannabis factory discovered on Finchley Road
- Credit: Archant
A cannabis factory has been discovered on Finchley Road after bailiffs forced entry into a disused restaurant.
The premises, on 299 Finchley Road, was previously a Nigerian restaurant called Faaji which closed down in December.
Bailiffs were called this morning to reclaim the premises after the landlord failed to receive rental payments.
Bailiff, Jim Dorman, said: “We came to the front door this morning and could not get in so we went round the back.
“When we went in I noticed the smell and then saw the plants. There must be over 100.”
You may also want to watch:
The police have been informed and are investigating the incident.
- 1 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 2 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 3 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 9 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 10 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath