Cannabis factory discovered on Finchley Road
- Credit: Archant
A cannabis factory has been discovered on Finchley Road after bailiffs forced entry into a disused restaurant.
The premises, on 299 Finchley Road, was previously a Nigerian restaurant called Faaji which closed down in December.
Bailiffs were called this morning to reclaim the premises after the landlord failed to receive rental payments.
Bailiff, Jim Dorman, said: “We came to the front door this morning and could not get in so we went round the back.
“When we went in I noticed the smell and then saw the plants. There must be over 100.”
You may also want to watch:
The police have been informed and are investigating the incident.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 4 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 7 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 8 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 9 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 10 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots