Cannabis factory discovered on Finchley Road
- Credit: Archant
A cannabis factory has been discovered on Finchley Road after bailiffs forced entry into a disused restaurant.
The premises, on 299 Finchley Road, was previously a Nigerian restaurant called Faaji which closed down in December.
Bailiffs were called this morning to reclaim the premises after the landlord failed to receive rental payments.
Bailiff, Jim Dorman, said: “We came to the front door this morning and could not get in so we went round the back.
“When we went in I noticed the smell and then saw the plants. There must be over 100.”
You may also want to watch:
The police have been informed and are investigating the incident.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 House Tour Gayton Road: Split-level mid-century gem in Hampstead
- 6 In numbers: the Covid-19 vaccine roll-out in north London
- 7 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 8 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 9 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 10 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat