Victim of fatal stabbing at Bow Lock named by police
- Credit: Met Police
A man who died at the canalside near the Bow Lock has been identified as 22-year-old Mohammed Aqil Mahdi from Camden.
Police were called at around 8.45am on Saturday to Navigation Road next to the Hertford Cut by ambulance paramedics who were treating Mohammed with stab wounds.
But Mohammed was pronounced dead at the scene. A post-mortem examination is being arranged.
His family, who were contacted on Saturday, are being supported by specialist officers.
Formal identification is yet to take place, but Scotland Yard said today (November 8) he is believed to be Mohammed Aqil Mahdi who lived in the Camden area of north London.
The police investigation is being led by homicide detectives from the Met's Specialist Crime team. There have been no arrests.
Det Ch Insp Laurence Smith said he is "determined to get justice for his family".
- 1 John Lewis Christmas advert: The Golders Green teenager who met an alien
- 2 10 suspected north London drug dealers arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Hampstead's Old White Bear to reopen before Christmas
- 4 Men wanted in connection with 'appalling' antisemitic incident on Oxford Street
- 5 Obituary: Tributes to Gospel Oak toy 'legend' Kristin Baybars
- 6 Remembering Katie: Ex-Ham&High reporter killed by carbon monoxide
- 7 Deliveroo puts in retrospective application for permanent 'dark kitchen'
- 8 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 9 How Covid could set back Antonio Conte's Spurs revival
- 10 Meet the Crouch End duo taking on McDonald's
"Our investigation is at an early stage, but we are making progress," he said.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses or "anyone who saw anything that may be significant" to call 101, with reference 2171/06NOV, or Crimestoppers anonymously, on 0800 555111.