Camden Town murder victim named by police
- Credit: PA
A murder victim who was stabbed in Camden High Street on Sunday morning has been named by police as Romeo Nkansah.
A post mortem examination held today at St Pancras Mortuary found he died of a single stab wound.
A Met Police spokesman said the victim’s next of kin had been informed. He said: “While formal identification awaits, officers are confident the deceased is Romeo Nkansah, 37, from Holloway.”
His date of birth has been given as March 6 1979.
As reported in the Ham&High, police and ambulances were called at around 3.45am on Sunday to a man suffering a stab wound at the junction with Greenland Street. He died later at a central London hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Jamie Piscopo, who is leading the investigation, said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area of Camden Town underground station or the high street at the time of the stabbing to contact police. It is possible that you may have information that will help us establish what led to the murder.
“The area has a busy nightlife and I am certain that there are people who are yet to speak with officers and I would urge them to come forward. I would also like to hear from any bus drivers or taxi drivers who may have witnessed the stabbing or the minutes leading up to it.”
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 10 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
Officers arrested a 20-year-old man on suspicion of murder later on Sunday. He was taken to an east London police station and has been bailed to a date in early July.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3715 or via 101. Alternatively, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111