Camden sixth former knifed to death by host of party he gatecrashed
- Credit: Archant
A Camden sixth form student was stabbed to death by the host of a party he tried to gatecrash, a court heard.
LaSWap student Shaquan Sammy-Plummer, 17, was knifed in the chest by Jemal Williams, 21, outside the party in Winchmore Hill, north London.
Williams had refused him entry because he didn’t recognise him, saying ‘You have five seconds to move from my door’.
Shaquan did not know anyone at the party, but arrived with two friends who did.
Williams became angry with the friends, saying ‘What are you bringing next people [strangers] to my house?’
You may also want to watch:
He then left the front door to get a knife, it is claimed, and stabbed Shaquan in the chest as he was turning to walk away, the Old Bailey heard.
The victim was so surprised by the attack he did not realise he had been been stabbed telling friends ‘he banged [punched] me’.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
Shaquan, who worked part-time at Waitrose, was declared dead shortly after being airlifted to hospital on January 30 2015.
The police investigation was hampered by witnesses’ refusal to cooperate with the police, the Old Bailey heard.
Williams was arrested ten days after the murder, but was only re-arrested and charged in October last year.
He and his sister Amber had been throwing a joint house party on the night of Shaquan’s death.
Williams told the court he was only trying to limit the number of guests so he wouldn’t get in trouble with his mum. He claimed Shaquan had pulled out a knife when he told him he couldn’t come in.
The case continues