Camden pub worker Iuliana Tudos died of brutal stab wound to stomach and head injury
- Credit: Archant
World’s End barmaid Iuliana Tudos died as a result of a stab wound to the stomach and a head injury a post mortem examination has found.
A murder investigation is underway after the 22-year-old’s body was found in Finsbury Park several hundred metres from her home.
Ms Tudos who had worked at the World’s End pub, in Camden High Street, since April had last been seen by friends at around 8pm on December 24 when she headed for a bus home from Camden.
She was due to meet them at a friend’s home in Enfield, north-east London, later that evening before spending Christmas Day there, but never arrived.
Police said her next of kin, who are abroad, have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday an area of the north-east corner of the park, close to a baseball pitch, was cordoned off as murder detectives investigated how she died.
Forensics officers marked out what appeared to be clothing scattered on the grass.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
Ms Tudos’s home in nearby Upper Tollington Park was also searched by police.
Neighbour Sebastian Jonathan said: “She was a very nice person, young and gorgeous. Ms Tudos, who was known as “Julie”, was from Moscow.
Scotland Yard released a missing person appeal following her disappearance and staff at the World’s End put up signs appealing for help to find her.
They were in mourning tonight after her body was found in the park shortly before 4.30pm on Wednesday.
Detective Chief Inspector Nicola Wall, from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, is leading the investigation.
She said: “Iuliana’s body was discovered in an outbuilding next to a sports pitch.We believe that she may have been attacked on Saturday December 24 - Christmas Eve - but we want to hear from anyone who saw anything suspicious in that part of Finsbury Park over the Christmas period.
“We are still trying to piece together a timeline of events and are pursuing a number of lines of inquiry as regards to a motive.”
Police said no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information is asked to call the dedicated incident room on 0208 785 8244, tweet @MetCC or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.