Camden pair appear in court charged with murder of model Harry Uzoka
- Credit: Archant
Two men from Camden appeared in court this morning charged with the murder of 25-year-old model Harry Uzoka.
George Koh, 24, and Jonathan Okigbo, 23, are accused of murdering Mr Uzoka, who was found injured in Old Oak Road, Shepherd’s Bush, west London, shortly before 4pm on Thursday January 11.
Scotland Yard believes the man was attacked outside Ollgar House, a block of flats in Ollgar Close, before staggering to the nearby street.
Officers and London’s Air Ambulance attended but he was pronounced dead at the scene at 5pm.
A formal identification of the victim is yet to take place, but next of kin have been informed.
Koh, of York Way, Camden, and Okigbo, of Trevithick House, Kentish Town, appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today.
The pair, who wore grey jumpers and jogging bottoms, spoke only to confirm their names, dates of birth and addresses.
- 1 Single evokes lockdown 'fairytale' camp on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 3 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 4 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
- 5 'Lianne La Havas gets big love from Koko crowd'
- 6 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
- 7 Call to make road safer after car crash between Highgate and Crouch End
- 8 Nazanin 'lived in the shadow' of prime minister's words
- 9 Hampstead school removes sanctioned oligarch's name from pavilion
- 10 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
Koh has also been charged with the possession of an offensive weapon.
Two men were arrested on the day of the incident - a 27-year-old who was released under investigation, and a 28-year-old released with no further action to be taken.
A spokesman for Premier Model Management said their thoughts are with the Uzoka family.
Model Jourdan Dunn posted a photo of Mr Uzoka on Twitter, with the caption: “Rest in Paradise Young King.”
Online clothing retailer Everlane tweeted: “We’re deeply saddened to hear about Harry Uzoka’s passing.
“He was a wonderful model but even more so a good person and a pleasure to work with.
“There’s so much more behind the person you’ve seen in our campaigns.
“Thank you, Harry, for being such a great person. Rest in peace.”
Koh and Okigbo were remanded in custody, and will appear at the Old Bailey on Thursday.