Camden men arrested over death of 15-year-old Alan Cartwright in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Two men from Camden have been questioned over the death of a 15-year-old boy in Islington on Friday
Detectives said a 21-year-old man, from an address in Camden was arrested on suspicion of murder on Wednesday March 4.
He remains in custody at a central London police station.
In the early hours on the same day, a 17-year-old, also from an address in Camden, was arrested.
He has been released on bail pending further police enquiries until a date in mid-April, officers said.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Cartwright, 15, was knifed while cycling along Caledonian Road, with friends at about 7pm on Friday.
He managed to continue cycling a short distance after the callous attack but soon collapsed and was pronounced dead at the scene later.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 7 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 8 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 9 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
Detectives investigating the murder released CCTV footage of the moment he was attacked while cycling near the junction of Copenhagen Street.
A post-mortem examination on Monday March 2 gave the cause of his death as a single stab wound to the chest.
Police are asking anyone with information to call the incident room on 020 8345 3734 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.