Camden men arrested over death of 15-year-old Alan Cartwright in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Two men from Camden have been questioned over the death of a 15-year-old boy in Islington on Friday
Detectives said a 21-year-old man, from an address in Camden was arrested on suspicion of murder on Wednesday March 4.
He remains in custody at a central London police station.
In the early hours on the same day, a 17-year-old, also from an address in Camden, was arrested.
He has been released on bail pending further police enquiries until a date in mid-April, officers said.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Cartwright, 15, was knifed while cycling along Caledonian Road, with friends at about 7pm on Friday.
He managed to continue cycling a short distance after the callous attack but soon collapsed and was pronounced dead at the scene later.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 Camden Council 'considers' bringing leisure centres in-house post-Covid
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 10 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation
Detectives investigating the murder released CCTV footage of the moment he was attacked while cycling near the junction of Copenhagen Street.
A post-mortem examination on Monday March 2 gave the cause of his death as a single stab wound to the chest.
Police are asking anyone with information to call the incident room on 020 8345 3734 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.