Camden men arrested over death of 15-year-old Alan Cartwright in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Two men from Camden have been questioned over the death of a 15-year-old boy in Islington on Friday
Detectives said a 21-year-old man, from an address in Camden was arrested on suspicion of murder on Wednesday March 4.
He remains in custody at a central London police station.
In the early hours on the same day, a 17-year-old, also from an address in Camden, was arrested.
He has been released on bail pending further police enquiries until a date in mid-April, officers said.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Cartwright, 15, was knifed while cycling along Caledonian Road, with friends at about 7pm on Friday.
He managed to continue cycling a short distance after the callous attack but soon collapsed and was pronounced dead at the scene later.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
Detectives investigating the murder released CCTV footage of the moment he was attacked while cycling near the junction of Copenhagen Street.
A post-mortem examination on Monday March 2 gave the cause of his death as a single stab wound to the chest.
Police are asking anyone with information to call the incident room on 020 8345 3734 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.