Camden men arrested over death of 15-year-old Alan Cartwright in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Two men from Camden have been questioned over the death of a 15-year-old boy in Islington on Friday
Detectives said a 21-year-old man, from an address in Camden was arrested on suspicion of murder on Wednesday March 4.
He remains in custody at a central London police station.
In the early hours on the same day, a 17-year-old, also from an address in Camden, was arrested.
He has been released on bail pending further police enquiries until a date in mid-April, officers said.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Cartwright, 15, was knifed while cycling along Caledonian Road, with friends at about 7pm on Friday.
He managed to continue cycling a short distance after the callous attack but soon collapsed and was pronounced dead at the scene later.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 8 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
Detectives investigating the murder released CCTV footage of the moment he was attacked while cycling near the junction of Copenhagen Street.
A post-mortem examination on Monday March 2 gave the cause of his death as a single stab wound to the chest.
Police are asking anyone with information to call the incident room on 020 8345 3734 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.