Camden man tried to sell paracetamol to undercover police after offering them ecstasy
- Credit: Archant
A man who tried to sell paracetamol to undercover officers after offering them ecstasy has escaped jail.
A party-goer who tried to sell paracetamol to undercover officers after offering them ecstasy has escaped jail.
Robert Okello, 26, of Camden Park Road, Camden Town, approached the two policemen in Soho and told them he had the drug for sale on June 6.
Usha Shergill, prosecuting, said: “Okello offered to supply ecstasy, but in fact what was found on him was paracetamol, and not drugs.”
Okello admitted offering to supply class A drugs to a constable but claimed he was persuaded into the bogus drug sale by friends as a dare, Southwark Crown Court heard. Michelle Denney, defending, said: “He had been out with others celebrating a friend’s birthday. They had begun to play a game of truth or dare and he had been dared to approach somebody and offer to sell them drugs.”
You may also want to watch:
Handing Okello a 12-month prison sentence, suspended for two years, Judge Anthony Leonard QC said: “I accept you were under the influence of your friends, but I do not accept that this was a game because you would not have had those packages in your possession if that was the case.”
Okello admitted offering to supply class A drugs to a constable.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 7 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up