Camden man charged with assaulting seven-year-old girl at tube station
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man from Kentish Town is to appear in court after a seven-year-old girl was allegedly hit on the head at Edgware Tube station.
Clarice Laptes, 55, of Weedington Road, has been charged with common assault and possession of cannabis.
He was arrested following an appeal by British Transport Police for witnesses to an alleged assault on a bridge near the station exit at around 1pm on November 6.
The child was walking with her mother and her younger brother when the alleged incident happened.
Sergeant Ben Hurley, of British Transport Police said: “I would like to thank the public and the media for their help with this appeal.”
Mr Laptes will appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on February 15
- 1 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 4 CCTV: Man makes ‘sexually explicit comments’ to teen on tube
- 5 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 6 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 7 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 8 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 9 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 10 Alexandra Palace chief executive to leave in 2022