Camden detectives release CCTV after burglary at Holborn Mosque
- Credit: Archant
Detectives from Camden have released CCTV footage of a man they would like to speak to in connection with a burglary at Holborn Mosque.
Police were called shortly after 5.30pm last December 24 to reports of a burglary at the place of worship on Brookes Court, Baldwin Gardens.
Five minutes earlier, a man wearing a red jacket and cap with black jeans carrying two rucksacks had kicked his way into an office.
Once inside he could be seen helping himself to a laptop before rifling through drawers for cash.
He then fled on a BMX towards Islington.
The suspect police wish to trace is described as an Asian man aged in his mid-20s of medium build.
Detective Constable Mark Pinder, from Camden CID, said: “The owners of the mosque were disheartened to see the damage to their office and theft of their property
- 1 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 2 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 3 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 4 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 5 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 6 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 7 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 8 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 9 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
- 10 Hampstead to welcome boho women's lifestyle brand Free People
“We are keen to identify the man in the CCTV footage so we can speak to him about the incident. We would also urge anyone who witnessed the incident to contact us.”
Anyone with information or any witnesses are urged to call Central North CID on 020 8345 0119 or by tweeting @MetCC
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org