Camden cop escapes jail over drugs misconduct
A Camden policeman has received an 18-month suspended sentence for misconduct in public office after admitting possessing drugs.
Pc Noel Wilson pleaded guilty at Southwark crown court last month after police uncovered items linked to the 44-year-old whilst searching an address in Islington last August.
Wilson was charged in December 2016 with one count of possession of Class A drugs and seven further counts of theft, although those offences were not proceeded with.
He was sentenced for one count of misconduct in public office.
On Monday the officer escaped jail after receiving the 18-month sentence suspended for two years, but was ordered to complete 300 hours of community service and pay £1,200 in costs.
You may also want to watch:
He remains suspended from police duty and now faces misconduct proceedings by the Metropolitan Police.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 9 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
- 10 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath