Camden cop escapes jail over drugs misconduct
A Camden policeman has received an 18-month suspended sentence for misconduct in public office after admitting possessing drugs.
Pc Noel Wilson pleaded guilty at Southwark crown court last month after police uncovered items linked to the 44-year-old whilst searching an address in Islington last August.
Wilson was charged in December 2016 with one count of possession of Class A drugs and seven further counts of theft, although those offences were not proceeded with.
He was sentenced for one count of misconduct in public office.
On Monday the officer escaped jail after receiving the 18-month sentence suspended for two years, but was ordered to complete 300 hours of community service and pay £1,200 in costs.
You may also want to watch:
He remains suspended from police duty and now faces misconduct proceedings by the Metropolitan Police.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 6 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 7 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 8 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 9 'My theatre group saved my life on a Zoom call,' says amputee
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond