Camden cop escapes jail over drugs misconduct
A Camden policeman has received an 18-month suspended sentence for misconduct in public office after admitting possessing drugs.
Pc Noel Wilson pleaded guilty at Southwark crown court last month after police uncovered items linked to the 44-year-old whilst searching an address in Islington last August.
Wilson was charged in December 2016 with one count of possession of Class A drugs and seven further counts of theft, although those offences were not proceeded with.
He was sentenced for one count of misconduct in public office.
On Monday the officer escaped jail after receiving the 18-month sentence suspended for two years, but was ordered to complete 300 hours of community service and pay £1,200 in costs.
You may also want to watch:
He remains suspended from police duty and now faces misconduct proceedings by the Metropolitan Police.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'