Camden cop escapes jail over drugs misconduct
A Camden policeman has received an 18-month suspended sentence for misconduct in public office after admitting possessing drugs.
Pc Noel Wilson pleaded guilty at Southwark crown court last month after police uncovered items linked to the 44-year-old whilst searching an address in Islington last August.
Wilson was charged in December 2016 with one count of possession of Class A drugs and seven further counts of theft, although those offences were not proceeded with.
He was sentenced for one count of misconduct in public office.
On Monday the officer escaped jail after receiving the 18-month sentence suspended for two years, but was ordered to complete 300 hours of community service and pay £1,200 in costs.
He remains suspended from police duty and now faces misconduct proceedings by the Metropolitan Police.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 6 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 7 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead