Camden cannabis dealer jailed for a year
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer caught selling cannabis on the streets of Camden has been jailed for a year.
Ahmed Noor, 22, pleaded guilty to supplying cannabis and possession with intent to supply.
On the evening of January 18, Noor was spotted by CCTV operators carrying out a drug deal in Camden High Street. He was stopped by police in Stuckley Place and arrested.
While in custody, he dropped a large clear bag containing a number of self-sealed bags of herbal cannabis.
Noor, of Torrington Place, Bloomsbury, was sentenced to a year in prison on Thursday (November 12) at Blackfriars Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
He was also issued with a criminal behaviour order preventing him from entering certain areas within the boroughs of Camden, Islington and Westminster for five years.
Camden Town police sergeant Paul Taylor said: “This conviction sends out a very clear message to those who supply illegal drugs that they will be dealt with vigorously by police in Camden.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
Officers also stopped and searched a 24-year-old man near Camden Underground Station who was seen to buy drugs from Noor. He was searched and found in possession of six self-seal bags of herbal cannabis. He was arrested on suspicion of possession of cannabis and later given a cannabis warning.