Police name man stabbed to death in Camden bar
Police have named a man who was stabbed to death in Camden yesterday (Sunday, February 26).
Alex Jarmay, from near Liverpool, died after being stabbed in the chest in Bar Uno in Inverness Street in the early hours of yesterday morning. Paramedics and a doctor from London’s Air Ambulance tried to treat the 26-year-old outside the bar, but he was declared dead at the scene.
Murder squad detectives have arrested four men, aged between 17 and 28 years old. The four men – all from the London area – have been quizzed by officers and remain in custody.
Detective Chief Inspector Matt Bonner, who is leading the investigation, said: “This is a tragic incident which has resulted in a young man losing his life. Our sympathies are with Alex’s family and friends and I would like to assure everyone that my team is working tirelessly to identify those responsible.”
Mr Jarmay, from Bromborough, was visiting London with friends to watch the Carling Cup final. Police said there was no evidence to suggest that the incident was motivated by “football rivalry”.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for witnesses to call police on 0208 3580200 or anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper