Cabdullahi Hassan killing: Two men cleared of murder at the Old Bailey
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been acquitted of murder charges relating to the fatal stabbing of South Hampstead man Cabdullahi Hassan last July.
Mr Hassan was found dead in Boundary Road, South Hampstead shortly before midnight on July 25 2019.
Amil Choudury, 20, of Walterton Road, Maida Hill, and Mohammed Miah, 20, of Lancefield Street, West Kilburn were both cleared today of his murder at the Old Bailey.
Mr Choudury and Mr Miah were also cleared by the jury of manslaughter, attempted murder, wounding with intent, and unlawful wounding.
The charge of attempted murder referred to an attack on Mr Hassan's cousin, Ayub Hassan, 20, on the same night.
You may also want to watch:
At the Old Bailey, Judge Angela Rafferty QC told the defendants they were free to go.
- 1 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 2 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 6 Highgate primary praises new school street scheme restricting cars
- 7 Lockdown easing 'super positive' for West Hampstead shops
- 8 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 9 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 10 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross