Cabdullahi Hassan killing: Two men cleared of murder at the Old Bailey
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been acquitted of murder charges relating to the fatal stabbing of South Hampstead man Cabdullahi Hassan last July.
Mr Hassan was found dead in Boundary Road, South Hampstead shortly before midnight on July 25 2019.
Amil Choudury, 20, of Walterton Road, Maida Hill, and Mohammed Miah, 20, of Lancefield Street, West Kilburn were both cleared today of his murder at the Old Bailey.
Mr Choudury and Mr Miah were also cleared by the jury of manslaughter, attempted murder, wounding with intent, and unlawful wounding.
The charge of attempted murder referred to an attack on Mr Hassan's cousin, Ayub Hassan, 20, on the same night.
You may also want to watch:
At the Old Bailey, Judge Angela Rafferty QC told the defendants they were free to go.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 10 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners