Bus driver attacked in Golders Green bus station
- Credit: PA WIRE
Barnet Police have launched an appeal after a bus driver was assaulted in Golders Green bus station.
Police and ambulances were called to the scene this morning after witnesses reported seeing a bus driver being hit with a heavy duty bike lock.
The 41-year-old victim suffered head injuries and was taken to a north-west London hospital for assessment.
Witnesses told police that the victim had been walking through the station concourse when the suspect, described as black, of small build and wearing dark clothing, approached him.
The suspect hit him on the head with a D-lock and then fled from the station on a mountain bike.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the incident occurred at around 10:30 this morning and have requested anyone with information to call 101 or 0800 555 111.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 8 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre