Bus driver attacked in Golders Green bus station
- Credit: PA WIRE
Barnet Police have launched an appeal after a bus driver was assaulted in Golders Green bus station.
Police and ambulances were called to the scene this morning after witnesses reported seeing a bus driver being hit with a heavy duty bike lock.
The 41-year-old victim suffered head injuries and was taken to a north-west London hospital for assessment.
Witnesses told police that the victim had been walking through the station concourse when the suspect, described as black, of small build and wearing dark clothing, approached him.
The suspect hit him on the head with a D-lock and then fled from the station on a mountain bike.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the incident occurred at around 10:30 this morning and have requested anyone with information to call 101 or 0800 555 111.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 7 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Injury concerns spoil Arsenal's win over Sheffield United