Bus driver attacked in Golders Green bus station
- Credit: PA WIRE
Barnet Police have launched an appeal after a bus driver was assaulted in Golders Green bus station.
Police and ambulances were called to the scene this morning after witnesses reported seeing a bus driver being hit with a heavy duty bike lock.
The 41-year-old victim suffered head injuries and was taken to a north-west London hospital for assessment.
Witnesses told police that the victim had been walking through the station concourse when the suspect, described as black, of small build and wearing dark clothing, approached him.
The suspect hit him on the head with a D-lock and then fled from the station on a mountain bike.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the incident occurred at around 10:30 this morning and have requested anyone with information to call 101 or 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing