Bus driver attacked in Golders Green bus station
- Credit: PA WIRE
Barnet Police have launched an appeal after a bus driver was assaulted in Golders Green bus station.
Police and ambulances were called to the scene this morning after witnesses reported seeing a bus driver being hit with a heavy duty bike lock.
The 41-year-old victim suffered head injuries and was taken to a north-west London hospital for assessment.
Witnesses told police that the victim had been walking through the station concourse when the suspect, described as black, of small build and wearing dark clothing, approached him.
The suspect hit him on the head with a D-lock and then fled from the station on a mountain bike.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the incident occurred at around 10:30 this morning and have requested anyone with information to call 101 or 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'