‘Brothers’ stabbed in vicious fight at Paddington flats
Two men became the latest victims of escalating youth violence in north Westminster when they were stabbed during a “vicious fight” on the Hallfield Estate in Paddington.
Police were called to the scene at 10.40pm last Thursday where a 23-year-old was found with three stab wounds to the stomach and a 19-year-old was found with multiple stab wounds to his upper body.
Both were rushed to hospital where the 19-year-old remains in a stable condition. The 23-year-old has been discharged.
The two men are believed to be brothers from the nearby Amberley Estate in Maida Vale who were visiting friends in Lynton House.
One Lynton House resident said: “I was having a cup of tea when I heard noise and my wife and children opened the front door to see what it was. There was a person lying on the ground with stab wounds to his tummy and he looked in a really bad way. Then there was another person who had been stabbed leaning up against the wall.
You may also want to watch:
“There was blood everywhere in the road and the stairway.”
It is believed the men were visiting a flat on one of the upper floors of the building when the incident began.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music for 'healthy hedonists'
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 5 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 6 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 7 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Sabrina Francis made Camden's first Black woman mayor
- 10 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
The scuffle, which is thought to have involved gang members from a different estate, then moved down the external stairway to the road in front of the housing block.
Police cordoned off much of the estate overnight and on Friday while they searched for weapons.
A 15-year-old man was arrested on Saturday on suspicion of attempted murder but was bailed to return to a central London police station on July 6.
The incident comes days after a 23-year-old man was left in a critical condition after he was stabbed on a bus in Maida Vale – the latest in an increasing spate of violence in the area.
Westminster North MP Karen Buck said: “The fact that young people are being stabbed and injured is a matter of ghastly concern and if there’s a gang element then that is even worse.
“The level of youth violence and gang-related violence is intolerable.
“This is a worsening problem and it’s blighting the lives of a significant number of our young people. Once people start using weapons in this way it’s only a matter of luck whether people live or die.”
Anyone with information should call police on 0207 321 9367 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.