Police search for men after officer attacked while giving first aid
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police (BTP) is appealing for witnesses after an officer was attacked while giving first aid to someone who had fallen down an escalator at Camden Town Tube station.
BTP said the incident happened shortly after 11pm on Sunday – just after the Euro 2020 final.
The force has released images of two men they wish to speak to in connection with what happened.
BTP reported the police officer was approached by two men who "punched him and struck him around the head".
He was taken to hospital and received treatment for facial fractures and other "serious injuries" to his upper body.
Det Insp Gary Pinner said: “This violent attack took place while one of our officers was helping a member of the public in need.
“As a result, he has suffered severe injuries. No officer should be subject to this while doing their job to keep passengers safe across the network."
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 3 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 4 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
- 5 Crouch End pub calls for dialogue over noise complaints
- 6 Man allegedly 'shouted racist abuse' in Waterlow Park
- 7 Man arrested after car overturns on Camden Road
- 8 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 9 'Cover-up': Council withheld evidence from watchdog 'behind leader's back'
- 10 Crouch End Festival Chorus: 'An astonishing choral display'
Witnesses or anyone who recognises the individuals should contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 631 of 11/07/21. You can also anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.