BREAKING NEWS: Paddington Academy pupil stabbed four times
17-year-old in serious condition after being stabbed by lone knifeman at lunchtime today
A Paddington Academy pupil is in a serious condition after being stabbed four times in broad daylight today.
The 17-year-old, believed to be a sixth former at the school, was rushed to hospital by ambulance after being knifed in the stomach at about 12.20pm while walking on Oakington Road, which runs down the back of the academy.
Police sealed off the road with police tape and paramedics from the Helicopter Emergency Medical Service landed nearby to assist.
An Oakington Road resident who was first on the scene said: “I was coming out of my house and was at the top of my steps when I looked round and saw a man run over from the right and attack another boy who was leant on a car.
You may also want to watch:
“I thought it was just two kids mucking about but then I realised he was doing a stabbing motion. That’s when I realised it wasn’t just mucking about.
“I started shouting at them and went over until I was about two metres from them.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 5 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 8 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
“Then the man ran off past me down to Elgin Avenue.
“The boy’s hands were covered in blood and I realised it was coming out of his tummy.
“He tried to move but I told him to stay where he was and phoned the police.
“He started going all pasty and white and his legs were going from under him so I sat him down as he was getting weaker and weaker.
“There was blood pouring out.”
The witness described the knifeman as in his late 20s, mixed race or of middle-eastern appearance, about six foot one, with stubble, and wearing a black tracksuit and baseball cap.
A police spokeswoman said: “Officers were called to Oakington Road, at 12.25pm today following reports of a stabbing.
“A 17-year-old boy was taken to hospital with stab wounds to his stomach and cuts to his hands.
“He is in a serious condition, but not believed to be life threatening.”