BREAKING NEWS: One of four men attacked in Muswell Hill and Highgate dies
Victor Parsons, 67, who was one of four men alleged to have been attacked in January, was found in the grounds of Alexandra Palace
ONE of four men allegedly assaulted by the same person within a month across Muswell Hill and Highgate, has died.
Victor Parsons, 67, died in an east London hospital on February 25, after being found near Muswell Hill on January 5.
Ali Koc, 29, of Lightfoot Road Hornsey has been charged with the alleged attempted murder and GBH with intent in relation to the attack, as well as assaults on three other men later that month. Mr Koc has now been remanded in custody.
The attacks began on January 5 when Mr Parsons was found lying unconscious near the gates of Alexandra Park by the junction of Alexandra Palace Way and Muswell Hill.
You may also want to watch:
The victim, found with �700 in cash, had suffered serious head injuries. It is still not known how long he had been lying on the ground before being found.
On January 28, at about 10am, a 63-year-old man suffered minor injuries in Queen’s Wood, near Wood Vale but did not need hospital treatment.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 3 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Huge relief': Golders Green care home celebrates booster rollout
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Punk Blythe doll worth almost £1,000 visits Camden Town
- 8 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 9 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
Just three days later, the 84-year-old man was left with serious head injuries in the same spot in Queen’s Wood. He was found by a passer-by.
Police have also charged Mr Koc in relation to another attack on a 37-year-old man in Alexandra Palace on January 22.
Mr Koc will next appear at the Old Bailey in May.