BREAKING NEWS: Dramatic bank robbery in St John’s Wood
A ST JOHN’S WOOD bank was cordoned off for much of this afternoon after a security van carrying cash was robbed in broad daylight.
Police surrounded Barclays Bank on the corner of Circus Road and Wellington Road when a G4S security van was robbed outside the bank just before midday.
No one was injured in the incident and it is unknown how many people were involved. No arrests have been made and police say it is too early to know how much money was stolen.
A G4S Cash Solutions (UK) spokeswoman said: “We can confirm that the crew of one of our vehicles was attacked on Wellington Road at 11:48.
“The attack took place as our courier was approaching the customer premises. Thankfully no injuries were sustained during the attack.
You may also want to watch:
“We take any attack on our staff very seriously and are committed to maintaining their safety and that of the general public.”
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 7 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 10 Home of the Week: Refurbished three storey, five bedroom family home for sale in Finchley