BREAKING NEWS: Dramatic bank robbery in St John’s Wood
A ST JOHN’S WOOD bank was cordoned off for much of this afternoon after a security van carrying cash was robbed in broad daylight.
Police surrounded Barclays Bank on the corner of Circus Road and Wellington Road when a G4S security van was robbed outside the bank just before midday.
No one was injured in the incident and it is unknown how many people were involved. No arrests have been made and police say it is too early to know how much money was stolen.
A G4S Cash Solutions (UK) spokeswoman said: “We can confirm that the crew of one of our vehicles was attacked on Wellington Road at 11:48.
“The attack took place as our courier was approaching the customer premises. Thankfully no injuries were sustained during the attack.
You may also want to watch:
“We take any attack on our staff very seriously and are committed to maintaining their safety and that of the general public.”
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 10 Probe into £23m property deal is like 'a vendetta', says ex-deputy leader