BREAKING NEWS: Dramatic bank robbery in St John’s Wood
A ST JOHN’S WOOD bank was cordoned off for much of this afternoon after a security van carrying cash was robbed in broad daylight.
Police surrounded Barclays Bank on the corner of Circus Road and Wellington Road when a G4S security van was robbed outside the bank just before midday.
No one was injured in the incident and it is unknown how many people were involved. No arrests have been made and police say it is too early to know how much money was stolen.
A G4S Cash Solutions (UK) spokeswoman said: “We can confirm that the crew of one of our vehicles was attacked on Wellington Road at 11:48.
“The attack took place as our courier was approaching the customer premises. Thankfully no injuries were sustained during the attack.
You may also want to watch:
“We take any attack on our staff very seriously and are committed to maintaining their safety and that of the general public.”
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office