BREAKING NEWS: Armed robbers strike in Belsize
ARMED robbers attacked a man in Belsize Park today, allegedly dropping a toy gun, as they fled with cash.
The victim, understood to be a builder, was targeted after he withdrew money from the NatWest cash machine on the corner of Glenloch Road and Haverstock Hill, at around 4.15pm. Witnesses claimed that he tried to fight back but relinquished after one of the attackers allegedly shouted “just shoot him”.
The suspects then dropped a gun – which is believed to be a toy gun - at the scene, before fleeing with cash.
Belsize resident Trevor Duplock told the Ham&High: “I came round the corner into Glenloch Road and saw the man slumped against his van and police arriving.
“I saw the gun on the floor and asked if he was ok. He was obviously very shaken up but otherwise ok.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Met Police said: “At this early stage it is believed the man had just left a bank in Glenloch Road after withdrawing an amount of cash. The man was approached by two suspects, one brandishing what is believed to be a firearm, who assaulted the man before making off on a moped with the cash. Both suspects were wearing crash helmets.”
He added that no shots were fired. Anyone with information is asked to contact Camden Police on 0300 123 1212.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
For more on this story see the Ham&High.