Brazen daylight attack on pawn shop in Chalk Farm
RADIERS targeted a jewellery shop in Chalk Farm at lunchtime today in a brazen daylight attack.
Two men barged into Harvey and Thompson Pawnbrokers on Chalk Farm Road at around 1.30pm carrying hammers.
They smashed the shop counters and made off with handfuls of jewellery whilst terrified staff looked on.
An employee, who did not wish to be named, said: “Two men came in with hammers and stole a quantity of jewellery.
“We do not know how much they got away with yet but they grabbed quite a bit. This has happened before here and it is worrying for the staff.
You may also want to watch:
“You just have to let them do it because human life is more important. It was all over in 45 seconds.”
Police confirmed they attended reports of a robbery on Chalk Farm Road at 1.30pm. There were no injuries and enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 5 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 6 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 7 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 8 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Finchley welterweight Florian Markun has opportunity to stamp his mark