Brazen daylight attack on pawn shop in Chalk Farm
RADIERS targeted a jewellery shop in Chalk Farm at lunchtime today in a brazen daylight attack.
Two men barged into Harvey and Thompson Pawnbrokers on Chalk Farm Road at around 1.30pm carrying hammers.
They smashed the shop counters and made off with handfuls of jewellery whilst terrified staff looked on.
An employee, who did not wish to be named, said: “Two men came in with hammers and stole a quantity of jewellery.
“We do not know how much they got away with yet but they grabbed quite a bit. This has happened before here and it is worrying for the staff.
You may also want to watch:
“You just have to let them do it because human life is more important. It was all over in 45 seconds.”
Police confirmed they attended reports of a robbery on Chalk Farm Road at 1.30pm. There were no injuries and enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives