Brazen daylight attack on pawn shop in Chalk Farm
RADIERS targeted a jewellery shop in Chalk Farm at lunchtime today in a brazen daylight attack.
Two men barged into Harvey and Thompson Pawnbrokers on Chalk Farm Road at around 1.30pm carrying hammers.
They smashed the shop counters and made off with handfuls of jewellery whilst terrified staff looked on.
An employee, who did not wish to be named, said: “Two men came in with hammers and stole a quantity of jewellery.
“We do not know how much they got away with yet but they grabbed quite a bit. This has happened before here and it is worrying for the staff.
You may also want to watch:
“You just have to let them do it because human life is more important. It was all over in 45 seconds.”
Police confirmed they attended reports of a robbery on Chalk Farm Road at 1.30pm. There were no injuries and enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 8 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council