Boy pleads guilty to brutal sexual assault of woman in Primrose Hill
- Credit: Archant
A boy has pleaded guilty to sexual assault after a woman was dragged into the bushes and had her clothes ripped off in a brutal attack in Primrose Hill.
The 17-year-old male, who is too young to be named, attacked a 20-year-old woman just after midnight last Saturday, April 11.
The violent sexual assault saw the teenager approach the young woman from behind, put his hand over her mouth and pin her down to the ground.
She was then dragged into the bushes in the dark of the night and had her face pushed into the mud. Her attacker then attempted to rip off her clothes.
The shocking incident was interrupted after neighbours heard the victim’s screams and a taxi driver ran to her aid.
You may also want to watch:
Having fled the scene, the guilty teenager’s arrest came only after he was later spotted by officers on live CCTV in the same area. Police say he was following another female at the time.
Appearing at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on April 13, he pleaded guilty to a charge of sexual assault.
- 1 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 2 Curious Crouch End: Could plaster monkey be satire of Charles Darwin?
- 3 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 4 In pictures: A lockdown morning at Golders Hill Park
- 5 The Alliance: Concern over 'chipping away' at West Hampstead pub
- 6 Golders Green care home staff set for strike action
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 Next two games key to see direction we're taking says Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta
- 10 Crouch End U3A raises £1k to fight homelessness
He will be sentenced on May 6.