Boy pleads guilty to brutal sexual assault of woman in Primrose Hill
- Credit: Archant
A boy has pleaded guilty to sexual assault after a woman was dragged into the bushes and had her clothes ripped off in a brutal attack in Primrose Hill.
The 17-year-old male, who is too young to be named, attacked a 20-year-old woman just after midnight last Saturday, April 11.
The violent sexual assault saw the teenager approach the young woman from behind, put his hand over her mouth and pin her down to the ground.
She was then dragged into the bushes in the dark of the night and had her face pushed into the mud. Her attacker then attempted to rip off her clothes.
The shocking incident was interrupted after neighbours heard the victim’s screams and a taxi driver ran to her aid.
You may also want to watch:
Having fled the scene, the guilty teenager’s arrest came only after he was later spotted by officers on live CCTV in the same area. Police say he was following another female at the time.
Appearing at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on April 13, he pleaded guilty to a charge of sexual assault.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
He will be sentenced on May 6.