Boy pleads guilty to brutal sexual assault of woman in Primrose Hill
- Credit: Archant
A boy has pleaded guilty to sexual assault after a woman was dragged into the bushes and had her clothes ripped off in a brutal attack in Primrose Hill.
The 17-year-old male, who is too young to be named, attacked a 20-year-old woman just after midnight last Saturday, April 11.
The violent sexual assault saw the teenager approach the young woman from behind, put his hand over her mouth and pin her down to the ground.
She was then dragged into the bushes in the dark of the night and had her face pushed into the mud. Her attacker then attempted to rip off her clothes.
The shocking incident was interrupted after neighbours heard the victim’s screams and a taxi driver ran to her aid.
Having fled the scene, the guilty teenager’s arrest came only after he was later spotted by officers on live CCTV in the same area. Police say he was following another female at the time.
Appearing at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on April 13, he pleaded guilty to a charge of sexual assault.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 3 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 4 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 5 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 6 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 7 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 8 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 9 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 10 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
He will be sentenced on May 6.