Boy pleads guilty to brutal sexual assault of woman in Primrose Hill
- Credit: Archant
A boy has pleaded guilty to sexual assault after a woman was dragged into the bushes and had her clothes ripped off in a brutal attack in Primrose Hill.
The 17-year-old male, who is too young to be named, attacked a 20-year-old woman just after midnight last Saturday, April 11.
The violent sexual assault saw the teenager approach the young woman from behind, put his hand over her mouth and pin her down to the ground.
She was then dragged into the bushes in the dark of the night and had her face pushed into the mud. Her attacker then attempted to rip off her clothes.
The shocking incident was interrupted after neighbours heard the victim’s screams and a taxi driver ran to her aid.
You may also want to watch:
Having fled the scene, the guilty teenager’s arrest came only after he was later spotted by officers on live CCTV in the same area. Police say he was following another female at the time.
Appearing at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on April 13, he pleaded guilty to a charge of sexual assault.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
He will be sentenced on May 6.