Boy aged 10 sexually assaulted in Belsize Park street
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a 10-year-old boy was dragged into bushes and sexually assaulted in a quiet Belsize Park street.
The 10-year-old was walking along Steele’s Road on his way to a local shop to top up the electric meter when he was grabbed by two men between 7.30pm and 8.30pm on June 11.
They dragged him into the bushes where they touched him inappropriately, said detectives.
A police spokesman said: “Fortunately the child screamed and the two men ran off. He could smell that the men had been drinking.”
The terrified youngster did not report the incident until midnight.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Sapphire Investigation Team have today been handing out leaflets in Belsize Park.
Although there are no detailed descriptions the attackers are described as white males.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 3 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 4 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 5 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 6 New Indian restaurant Ritu to replace Yasmeen Kitchen in St John's Wood
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Camden shouldn't ignore residents, but we need low-traffic neighbourhoods
Officer are appealing for witnesses to the incident which happened at Steele’s Road junction with Adelaide Road.
Jane Simpson, 72, of Steele’s Road said: “We received leaflets through our door. It is very upsetting and disturbing that such a thing should happen here in broad daylight.”
Anyone with information should contact the Sapphire Team on 020 8733 6545 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111