Boy aged 10 sexually assaulted in Belsize Park street
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a 10-year-old boy was dragged into bushes and sexually assaulted in a quiet Belsize Park street.
The 10-year-old was walking along Steele’s Road on his way to a local shop to top up the electric meter when he was grabbed by two men between 7.30pm and 8.30pm on June 11.
They dragged him into the bushes where they touched him inappropriately, said detectives.
A police spokesman said: “Fortunately the child screamed and the two men ran off. He could smell that the men had been drinking.”
The terrified youngster did not report the incident until midnight.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Sapphire Investigation Team have today been handing out leaflets in Belsize Park.
Although there are no detailed descriptions the attackers are described as white males.
- 1 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 2 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 3 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 5 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 6 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 7 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 8 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 9 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 10 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
Officer are appealing for witnesses to the incident which happened at Steele’s Road junction with Adelaide Road.
Jane Simpson, 72, of Steele’s Road said: “We received leaflets through our door. It is very upsetting and disturbing that such a thing should happen here in broad daylight.”
Anyone with information should contact the Sapphire Team on 020 8733 6545 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111