Both murder suspects linked to missing Alice Gross, 14, released by police
- Credit: Archant
Two men arrested by detectives investigating the disappearance of 14-year-old Alice Gross have been released.
A 25-year-old man arrested on Saturday has been bailed to a date in mid-September pending further enquiries, while a 51-year-old man arrested in Hanwell, Ealing, on Sunday was released with no further action the next day.
Both men were arrested on suspicion of murder.
Police have appealed to anyone who took part in a songwriting course with Alice at the Camden Roundhouse last month to come forward and assist with the investigation.
The teenager was last seen by her family at 1pm on Thursday, August 28, when she left her home address in Hanwell.
She told her family she would be home that evening, but she did not return.
You may also want to watch:
She was seen on CCTV at 2.23pm walking alone on the Grand Union Canal towpath heading in the direction of Kew.
Alice was later seen at the same point along the tow path at 3.45pm heading in the direction of Hanwell.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 9 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 10 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
She is white, 5ft 2ins tall and of very slim build with shoulder-length, light brown hair.
When last seen, she was wearing dark blue jeans and a dark green lacy cardigan.
She was carrying a dark rucksack and may have been wearing denim blue ‘Vans’ shoes and tartan-framed spectacles.
CCTV footage released earlier in the week shows that she had taken her cardigan off and was wearing a dark grey t-shirt. Police are especially concerned as Alice has not been in good health recently.
Anyone with information can contact the incident room on 020 8358 0100, Ealing’s Missing Person Unit on 020 8246 1018, local police on 101, or the charity Missing People on 116 000.